Preparation time: 20 min
- 1 glass jar MilkUp! Plain Yogurt
- 1 glass jar MilkUp! Sour Cream
- 50 g Homemade Plain Butter MilkUp!
- 1 large garlic clove
- sea salt
- ½ tsp tahini
- ½ tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp turmeric
- pinch of cayenne
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 4 slices of rustic bread, sliced
- extra virgin olive for brushing
- 2 tbsp parsley
- Using a mortar and pestle mash the garlic and salt together.
- Scoop the garlic paste into a bowl and stir in the yogurt and tahini.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter and add the paprika, turmeric, cayenne, and a pinch of salt. Stir well to combine and once the butter sizzles, remove from heat. Pour through a fine- meshed sieve into a bowl. Keep the butter in a warm place.
- To poach the eggs, fill a deep saucepan with water and the vinegar. Bring to a boil. Meanwhile, crack the eggs into separate bowls. Once the water comes to a boil, turn off the heat. Using a spoon, swirl the water in one direction creating a whirlpool effect. Holding the bowl containing one of the eggs just above the surface of the water, carefully slide the egg into the center of the whirlpool. Do this again with the second egg. Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for 3 min. Once cooked, use a slotted spoon to gently lift the eggs out of the water. Gently transfer to a paper towel to drain.
- Brush the toast with olive oil and toast in a pan until golden brown.
- To serve, spoon some of the spiced butter onto two plates. Scoop the yogurt on top of the butter and then gently place the eggs on top. Drizzle the remaining butter over the top and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with toast and enjoy!